Sunday, June 1, 2008

Apparently, I'm a Neo Luddite Who Loves the MSG Network

So this post is gonna be real trite and/or banal. What am I, an English Professor?! It is about my love/hate relationship with music and the interweb. The love is part isthat i got this nugget free of charge. The downside was how "stupid" easy it was. I mean not to sound like an old kook at 28 but once upon a time you had to "find" a record. Even before that step you had to know about it. I spend hours nerding out on reading the "thank yous" at the end of albums to discover some new shit to escape my feels to ... um ... i mean rock out to.

It was like a process to get a record. The payoff, when you finally found that record after months and months of searching for it felt as though you had really accomplished something. Now you type a word (you don't even need to spell the word correctly) and bam: free music. I mean I like free shit was much as the next guy, and i have heard way more records cause the the interweb but some it just makes you feel ...well... kinda lame, no?

However I think TVs are the fucking shit! Last week I came home tired as balls and was looking for something to watch (besides the never ending bad news machine that is the new york yankees) And I watch this fucking gem of a TV program on the MSG Network (Duck Folan)





No comments: