Wednesday, May 28, 2008

XMemorial Day WeekendX

I decided that the best way to celebrate the dead soldiers last weekend would be to take a little break from what's left of this (yawn) city.

First I decided to stay up until 4am on Friday dancing and drinking beer out of Styrofoam (much to my friend Dave's dismay -- something about mother earth) which made the drive up to the country the next day kinda rough. That is, until we got the old ipod rolling and I rediscovered my favorite music (well second favorite) -- the mighty JUD JUD.

Now, I'm sure you’ve read about these dudes on other blogs so I am merely here to remind you that this is the best band that ever was. They did acapella versions of hardcore songs by repeating the word "jud" (is "jud" a word?) over and over and over again. How fucking good is that, you ask? Well the answer is, it's really fucking good. They do spot-on version of every "type" of hardcore song. And, as those of you who were ever into hardcore know, there are only "types" of hardcore songs. I think most of the clever kids out there today just listen to a song or two and laugh. Me? I rock the fuck out to it on the subway. You know why? ‘Cause I haven't forgotten two things: the struggle and the streets. And, I've managed to avoid doing a third thing: selling out.

Go to the WFMU site and cop some songs, broham.

p.s. I ended up having a killer time Upstate. Although, honestly -- I smoked so many cigarettes. Somebody really needs to put me on punishment.

No comments: