Friday, April 18, 2008

The Best Doing the Best

There's this really cool website where you can watch all these awesome videos for free. I forget what it's called but Talihan and I will sometimes pull stuff from it for our posts. Aside from all the great home videos of babies there are some fantastic covers of some of our favorite songs.

Sometimes I feel like I like covers more than the originals simply because they're covers. Make sense? Anyway, here are some obvious favorites.

Woah! Am I rolling my face off on ex at a Manchester rave in 1983? Nope! We're just in this new-wave jugarnaut's bedroom. Awesome facial hair, bruh. Very of the times.



Oh, it's not cool to cover songs from the '90s in '07? Really? I guess I never got that mass email. Dick.



Obviously this song kicks fuckin' anus, but my man right here really takes it to the next level. He's like the John Fahey of southern alternative rock. And, may I add, he certainly presents us with a dictionary definition of a winning smile.



Well look who it is. It's our favorite human being ever. Who does he think he is, anyway? "Hey Ya?" Are you serious? I guess so.



Ugh. I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.



Uh-oh. The Manchester train is pulling into the station again. This is the most right-on thing I've ever seen in my life.



Uh, holy shit much? I'm speechless. Whoa.



Maybe this is too easy, but damn this guy is lovable.



There's really not much to say here other than this is tough as balls. How can you make INXS sound as rad as Phil Lynott? Like this, I guess.



They say a picture is worth a thousand words. Well this video is worth a thousand pictures. I'm sitting here trying to figure out what to write and I'm really having a hard time. This video makes me horny and gives me a stomach ache all at once. I'm gonna go cry this one off.




4 comments:

Mordecai said...

Howly Shit! Down By Law! Mexican Radio! This post is a juggernaut. I was at Seth's Bar Mitzvah and they didn't sound nearly as bad in person.

robbie talihan said...

serious m-v-b! m-v-b! m-v-b! m-v-b! ... "This video makes me horny and gives me a stomach ache all at once." well played

Unknown said...

could you not find that cover of 'creep' by the whigs?

that cover of joy division was just bad and fucking dirty. actually, im not even sure if it's a joy division cover cos i didn't click on it, shit just looks eerily familiar to some nonsense you im'ed me not too long ago to keep me busy so i wouldn't bother you over im. that blue monday cover makes me want to fight and break guitars and declare no more music unless you've been ordained by ian sevonious to make music. or ralf hutter. not dulli tho, he'd probably ordain anyone who'd go down on him. and that is why i love him, but we're talking quality control here. dj casanova can be on this committee as well. yeah, dude, i'm open minded and all about the cause(s).

Anonymous said...

why didn't you include Sjo singing with jesus and mary chain? She's so awesome and cool and they are a good as theyve ever been