Friday, May 2, 2008

Banal Bar

So last night ... me and danny decided to leave the apartment building we both live in to head out for some beers. Cause sometimes you just need a break from the mom being wildly abusive to her child, the rabid dog that lives upstairs, and the dude next door who makes horrendous music.

So we went to the local bar to pod ...but it was just weird and lame in there so we bounced. Dudes in there were stoaked on hockey and over charging. So we left to go check some new spot ... that turned out to be extra yuppied out.

So we ended up at some extra park slope bar... which kinda blew chunks. I noticed in the background, as I watched people play connect four and just generally lull each other to sleep, that the record playing was Yankee Hotel Foxtrot. Which made me realize that Yankee Hotel Foxtrot is a record made for boring people. Now don't get me wrong I actually really liked that record...but if it is being played you are basically in a boring place with boring people (otherwise known as park slope)

I promise you if you know a really boring person, they have this record. Not only do they have it, it is prominently displaced, cause they think it speaks to some deepness about them. Like "me and Jeff Tweedy have been through a lot but luckily we found this authentic country music to help us make it through."

P.S. the guy's name is Jeff Tweedy ...unacceptable.

Appros of absolutely nothing this video for damaged goods is kinda hundred dollar biller ... fuck, Jon King puts it down on the dance floor

That being said, i like this song a lot:

3 comments:

Mordecai said...

I got into an argument with some lawyer asshole this weekend who thinks Yankee Hotel Foxtrot is better than Definitely Maybe. Granted it was my fault for getting into it with him but I was totally justified in killing him.

Anonymous said...

that lawyer is a lunatic

Unknown said...

lawyers are fucking tards.

anyone who saw sonic youth open up for wilco was privy to the revelation that wilco makes music for boring people. during sonic youth, it was undeserving, puzzled bored people. assholes. i hope their radios break so they can't listen to npr.