Friday, May 23, 2008

This Post is so Hip Right Now, I Think I'm Going Blind

So the other day I was bs-ing instead of studying for this final I had -- studying is kinda for the birds – and, not surprisingly, I was fucking around on youtube. Somehow this lead to me coming across the following gem:


Dude says approximately 47 fall-down funny things in this song. My personal fave being "That music really turns me on, maxes me out." This lead to me peeping a bunch of Girls Aganist Boys videos and spending the next day on some myspace page. So, I might have to take an airplane to Europe this weekender to catch a show of dude's new band. But then I thought about it and was kinda like, do i really need to hit up Bruges AGAIN? That'd be, like, my fourth trip this year. (Have you ever had the pizza in Bruggles? Well, lemme tell you it's amazing.)

It made me kinda sad actually ‘cause when GVSB actually existed I was never much of a fan. Basically I blew it. This, of course, is no shocker since I made a lot of mistakes in my youth. And hey let's face it -- adulthood hasn't been a shinning success either.

Apparently I actually did see GVSB as an adolescent. Ben reminded me of this fact but I have no memory of it whatsoever (truth be told i remember very little). But all i got to say to you Scott McCloud, you gorgeous bastard you, is hey -- that's what you get for playing before David Yow. The dude blows people off the stage for a living.

No comments: