Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Songs About Cigarettes

A couple weeks back someone referred to me as "basically an adolescent" ...this was meant as a zinger but I took as a compliment. Being an adolescent in adulthood is waaaaaay better than being an actual teenager (of the year) ...or an adult for that matter. Speaking of adolescence ...

For no reason at all, I downloaded '24 hour revenge therapy' (sorry blake I wasn't really trying to pay for that again) ... dude, bro ... that record is kinda a BEAST ...it's like the musical equivalent of a wild boar... I mean for a record that is essentially about smoking cigs and hanging out at punk rock concerts ... shows I meant shows ... shit ... it’s pretty fucking GOOD...I’m sure it just nostalgia ...but other morning at 8am dressing for a job I’m not super stoaked about anymore ...I came pretty effing close to dying my hair some stupid color, throwing on a dead kennedys shirt, start furiously chaining smoking, and go tell someone who looks like he might teach high school to go eff himself ... But instead I went to work and did my job (kinda)

What I'm trying to say is: fuck, I kinda got really fuckin' "hyped" when "West Bay Invitational" comes in ... what a sad sack of shit that guy was ... and you know what ... god bless 'em for it ... am I right? this myspace page got some other toonage: also apparently there’s a band called "jawfaker" ...which ...well...kinda suck ...but whatever


The Boat Dreams from the Hill


Condition Oakland


West Bay Invitational


PS young felton is 6 weeks without a stog ... I've been there and all i can say is 'atta boy'

1 comment:

Nazz Nomad said...

yeah, fukkin jawbreaker!