Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Never Forget

Sometimes, I just forget. It's not a crime -- it happens to all of us -- but it's important to remind yourself every now and then that before today, there was yesterday, and before yesterday, there was the day before yesterday. What am I talking about? Rites of Spring. These guys are on my mile long list of bands that got me through some rough times. Curled up in a fetal position on my twin bed freshman year of college, spinning this on my Aiwa turntable, thinking of Washington, DC as a land with gold-plated sidewalks and chocolate covered fire hydrants. Anyway, this song was one of my favorites. I think I've ripped off this riff more times than Clapton ripped off Albert King. Really good.

1 comment:

robbie talihan said...

"Revolution Summer" saved my life when i was 19 ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WERRP5sLLCo