Sunday, January 27, 2008

Will Oldham Marked for Death

I was just thinking this video from the summer? ... god ... Will Oldam, do me a favor. Get into your car, start that puppy up, rev it up a couple of time, then hang for like twenty minutes...just watch your beard grow, or think about how killer plaid patterns are or whatever it is you do with your freetime. Just make sure that you do not open the garage door during this process.




What I'm trying to tell say is, here's the thing about irony, its only good when it's creative in some fashion. I mean c'mon bro, just rapping and being a super white cracker-ass-cracker isn't all that funny in and of itself... Sorry ...But I mean we get "it: " black people live in urban areas and rap and white people live out in the country and make fun of black people ... i mean i guess that's funny ...but not really ... mostly just mildly racist ... ps tell you boy "Zack" that his shit is weaksauce ... start hanging out with Jason Lowenstein and Matt Sweeney again, not this unfunny tool

I mean seriously, how do you want me to respond "whoa he's rapping while on a tractor ...you blew my mind ...comic genius" ... what are you steve martin in a movie with queen latifah?!?! ... c'mon brah ... step your game up, hoss ... that shit is kinda like blackface 2007

I mean there was one or two palace records in the 90s that were pretty good(and clearly this blog has a boner for music from the 1990s) ...but you have blown all the good will created by them ... I mean I saw you open up for Godspeed You Black Emperor! ...shouldn't you be doing something cooler than lip syncing in videos in as a bad joke

Also don't cover Danzig bro ... i don't know Glenn Danzig and but you sir are no Glenn Danzig... but mean, we get it ... you're above it ...you are very clever and you wink after everything you do. Basically you have spawn a billion knowing bald dudes with tight pants, ironic beards, dangling keys and MANorexia ...Thanks for a whole lotta nuttin, dude (yes, that is a completely random NYHC reference)

Dude you are offically on notice ...get it together

No comments: